Monday 22 April 2013

ANZAC week (Military Monday) – A Time to Remember


While working on the WWI project with our historical society, I realised I hadn’t written up much about my own family Anzacs, and so this is the week to do it.

I’m going to try to put up a post each day on a WWI Anzac from my family tree.

Working with the wonderful team on this project has been a great learning experience for me, I’ve become so much better at reading service records, knowing the abbreviations and knowing where to look for all sorts of interesting bits and pieces.

I’ve realised how lucky my grandfather’s family was. 
Two brothers and a brother-in-law went off to the war and they all came home and lived long enough for me to know them.
But two of them didn’t have children, so who else would write anything about them. 
They should be remembered for the remarkable men they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment