Monday 7 January 2013

A New Year, A New Blog


I haven’t posted for a while – I’ve been at my parents madly scanning with my Christmas present – a Flip-Pal scanner. Stay tuned for the posts to come on that.

…and helping my Dad set up a blog – not a geneablog – he’s leaving that to me.
Dad, as PortFairy Pete, will mainly blog about the endangered birds he watches and logs, with some snippets on the historic buildings of Port Fairy. He’s also a great (and very keen) photographer and will share some of his other photos too.

Dad and Mum are active members of the Port Fairy Historical Society and Dad has photographed almost all the heritage (and other historic) buildings in the town for the society – and there are so many!
Some of these photos feature in a new book published by the Society as a heritage walking tour guide (and only $5). Well worth a look if you are one of the many who have ancestors originating from (or passing through) this lovely little town that was once the second biggest port in Australia, and once called Belfast.
The Society has their premises in the old Court House and has an extensive museum.

If I can get Dad confident enough, he might even start a blog for the Society next!

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, I have pleasure in nominating you for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. You can find the details here: http://geniaus.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/how-sweet-it-is.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, Hoping to catch up on my blogging soon.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your latest convert, Jackie.

    Hopefully your Dad will gain the confidence to set up a blog for the Society - wya to go.

    ReplyDelete